Licorice Extract Blocks
Licorice Extract Blocks
Liquorice (American English: Licorice) is the root of Glycyrrhiza glabra and Glycyrrhiza inflata. The roots are brown, long and cylindrical and have to be 3 to 4 years old before they can be harvested and dried for extraction. Liquorice extract is produced by boiling liquorice root and subsequently evaporating most of the water. Its active principle is glycyrrhizin, a sweetener between 30 to 50 times as sweet as sucrose. Liquorice extract is traded as a paste, block or spray-dried powder.
The tobacco industry is the main user of liquorice extract. The confectionery industry is estimated to be the second largest user, followed by the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical industry also uses liquorice from Glycyrrhiza uralensis, but in this document we focus on the confectionery market. Please refer to our studies on Natural ingredients for health products for more information on the corresponding market.(hat with a sucrose content by weight of >10% or in the form of confectionery)
- Keep Ochratoxin A levels below legal limits minimum by storing the roots in a clean, dry, ventilated space and possibly turning the roots
- Minimise moisture content in the roots by drying
- Glycyrrhizic Acid (GA) is the most important constituent of liquorice. GA content usually amounts to 7.5-8% in Glycyrrhiza inflata and 5.5-6% in Glycyrrhiza glabra. Glycyrrhizin, starch, gums, sugars, moisture and ash are other constituents.
- Use the extraction method (temperature, pressure, time) which results in a composition according to buyer preferences.
- Producing different batches of liquorice extract with a consistent flavour profile is a major challenge. It requires quality control for raw materials and strictly controlled processing.
- Producing different batches of liquorice extract with a consistent flavour profile is a major challenge. It requires quality control for raw materials and strictly controlled processing
- Do not add additives to the extract unless specifically agreed upon with your buyer. Any use of additives should be specified in the Technical Data Sheet (TDS).
- Clean roots before processing to remove other plant material and prevent contamination by foreign materials (e.g. soil) by keeping facilities and equipment clean. Buyers will measure ash content, which will be high if it contains a lot of soil.
Our Product like Licorice Blocks verified with certificates like :
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC22000)
- British Retail Consortium (BRC)
- International Food Safety (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food (SQF)
- ISO 22000/FSSC 22000 is the most relevant for suppliers of ingredients.
you can also see other information ablout licorice root or liquorice blocks :
- Best Quality Licorice (http://www.Best-Quality-Licorice.com/)
- Licorice Organic (www.Licorice-Organic.com)
- Licorice Store (Licorice-store.com)
- World Licorice (www.world-licorice.com)
One of the best supplier for licorice products (liquorice products) :
- Sepidan Osareh company (www.Iranlicorice.com)